What are Programs of Choice?
Langley School District offers a rich diversity of programs that are designed to meet the specific needs and interests of students. Programs of Choice fall into three main categories: District Programs, School-based Programs, and programs offered through the Career Education Department. Students and parents interested in additional choice options should ask at the office of their neighbourhood school. – See more at: https://www.sd35.bc.ca/programs-initiatives/programs-of-choice/
District Program: Fundamental School
Fundamental School Grades K-5 is offered at Langley Fundamental Elementary School.
- If your child is currently in Grade K – 5 registration is at Elementary level.
- Students attending Langley Fundamental Elementary automatically transition to Langley Fundamental Middle & Secondary School in Grade 6.
Fundamental School Grades K-7 is offered at Coghlan Elementary School.
- If your child is currently in Grade K – 7 registration is at Elementary level.
- Students attending Coghlan Elementary automatically transition to Langley Fundamental Middle & Secondary School in Grade 8.
The Fundamental Middle/Secondary District program is offered at Langley Fundamental Middle/Secondary School.
- If your child is currently in Grade 6 – 12 register at Middle/Secondary School.
- Download a “Waitlist Application” HERE & return the completed application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your child is currently in Grade K – 5 register at the Elementary School of your choice as above. Parents are encouraged to visit our School District website map locator to decide on which Fundamental Elementary school to register with.
How To Register:
For Registration at Elementary level please visit our District website for more information on the new process https://www.sd35.bc.ca/programs-initiatives/programs-of-choice/ or contact the Elementary School office.
- Langley Fundamental Elementary School – 21789 – 50 Ave., Langley, B.C. Ph: (604) 530-9973
- Coghlan Elementary School – 4452 – 256th Street, Langley, B.C. Ph: (604) 856-8539
For Registration at the Middle & Secondary level please download or pick up a Waitlist Application Form, complete and return to by email to email@example.com.
Placement into choice programs will be prioritized in the following manner:
- Langley residents with siblings in the same program
- Langley residents
- Non-Langley residents with siblings in the same program
- Non-Langley residents
Please refer to the Regulations to Policy 5084.